- If you're never content, it effects you and everyone around you: If you're consistently unhappy, you can't concentrate on your work. You not at your best, whether your passion is writing, or something else. Grumpy demeanors are contagious. Your children will copy your behavior, so your house will full of perpetually cranky urchins. Yikes.!
- What can you do to change things? Make a list of things you're grateful for. Maybe you and your family are healthy. Maybe you've recently written something amazing. Perhaps you've just met your soul mate. We could continue to infinity, but you get the idea. Eventually, you'll start looking at things from a different perspective.
- Remember that things don't stay the same forever: Everything changes and that could be a good thing if you're stuck in a rut. It could be a test and once you overcome your difficulties, you'll be a wiser person. You'll have learned some valuable lessons.
- Spend time doing what you love: If you love writing, be sure to spend some time doing that every day. You'll be surprised how your spirits will be lifted.
- Set goals and celebrate when you reach them: Your confidence will soar if you set realistic goals and have a little celebration when you reach them. Be sure to make a list of goals that you know you can accomplish. When you do, mark the occasion by going to lunch, or shopping for a new outfit. Find something you'd enjoy doing and go for it!
- Remember, everything is possible if you persevere: My parents always stressed that anything was possible if you don't quit. You'll be astounded at what can happen if you heed this advice. You'll do things you never imagined you would.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
A is for Attitude
Do you have friends or acquaintances who are grumbling incessantly and never seem to be satisfied? It's not only a bad day when his or her son is under the weather, or their daughter didn't win the compete in the dance recital. But every time you chat, it's constant droning about every minute detail that should be better. Isn't it depressing? Another problem is if you offer advice, your friend dismisses it. Your attitude about things is vital and here's why I have that view.