I'd like to thank author, Beverly Fox, for nominating me for the Leibster Award. It was most kind of
her to consider me for the award and I'm extremely grateful. It's certainly another unexpected honor. This time I realized it was "The Liebster Award" instead of the 'Lobster Award!"
Here are the rules;
1. Thank the person who gave it to you (which is common courtesy, really)
2.Post 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer 11 random questions from the person who nominated you and
4. Pass the award on to 11 other bloggers with less then 200 followers (cause this award is all about getting people connected to great blogs)
Eleven random things about me:
- I lived in FL for several years. Our sons were both born in Palm Beach County, FL
- My husband and I were married in a church in Hollywood, FL, which was not the one we normally attended. We chose it because it was round, with beautiful stained glass windows everywhere.
- I met my husband at a family picnic. My mom bought me a new outfit for the big event. I was so shy, I thought my husband was unimpressed. But he told his mom that he'd marry me someday.
- My dad was always undaunted in emergencies. He once drove the horse van down a mountain when he didn't have brakes! The amazing thing is he didn't crash.
- Another time, my dad was driving me home from school in a snowstorm. We would have been broadsided by another car, but my dad drove around somebody's mail box to avoid getting hit. The worse thing that happened was we got stuck in the snow.
- I'm susceptible to motion sickness so my mom gave me Dramamine before the our first plane trip together. Trouble is, she didn't read the directions and she gave me too much. What happened next? I could barely stand up as she dragged me through the airport.
- While we were vacationing in the Dominican Republic, my mom and I would always order a fruit plate for lunch. The serving staff was so unhurried. It took exceptionally long for us to get our food. We decided they might have gone out to cut the fruit. Imagine what would have happened if we ordered anything cooked!
- Roses are my favorite flowers. We had a yellow rose printed on our wedding invitations, because they symbolize love.
- I like most any kind of music except rap or hip hop.
- My mom's cousin lived in NYC. We used to visit her during the Christmas season and go to Radio City Music Hall. I loved that.
- My parents always said, "You get out of life what you put into it." A valuable piece of advice, don't you think?
WHERE WERE YOU BORN? CT
WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? -CT
IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? -Blue
LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?-Cars 2 (in movie theatre. We usually wait for them to come out on DVD.)
WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? -I'm not reading presently
THE POWER GOES OUT. IT WILL BE OUT FOR SEVERAL HOURS. WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOURSELF?-cuddle up with my husband and our dog, Elliott
WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?-nothing, sometimes I like the quiet because it's easier to concentrate with no distractions.
GREATEST STRUGGLE AS A WRITER?-coming up with a good idea for a subject.
WHAT IS THE ONE BOOK YOU THINK EVERYONE SHOULD READ?- Gifted Hands, by Dr. Benjamin Carson because he overcame so many obstacles and he's been a savior to children.
IF YOU COULD BE ONE OF THE GREEK GODS WHO WOULD YOU BE AND WHY? Apollo because he's the God of music and music can be so beautiful.
WEIRDEST THING YOU'VE EVER BEEN TOLD BY A FORTUNE COOKIE? I can't remember anything newsworthy because the Chinese restaurant we like gives you little, round donuts instead of fortune cookies.
And the Nominees are:
- Suzanne Furness-www.Susannefurness.blogspot.com/UK
- Samantha May-www.writingthroughcollege.blogspot.com
- Rebecca Green Gasper-www.Rebeccagreengasper.blogspot.com
- Amy Jarecki-AmyJarecki.blogspot.com
- Adriana Dascalu-Adriana Dascalu.blogspot.com
- Susan Stuckey- www.storytellersinn.com
- Janice Person-Janiceperson.com
- Sandy Campbell-www.Sandysandrellasmusings.com
- Sania Heba-SaniaHeba.blogspot.com
- C Bame 13-Blankslatemusings.blogspot.com