Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Interview by Janice Spina with Deanie H. Dunne!

Welcome to another segment of my blog, Interview an Author.  Today I have the extreme pleasure of interviewing for the second time my very good friend and a funny and talented author of children’s books, Deanie H. Dunne.  I have reviewed all of Deanie’s books on Amazon.com and on previous blogs.  Please note all the beautiful illustrations here and above that were done by Deanie’s sister, Holly Humphreys Bajaj, who is a very talented artist.
Hi Deanie, I am so happy to have you back again
Thank you so much for inviting me back for another interview, Janice. It’s always such an honor to spend time with you, and we have a great deal of fun together as well.

1.  What news do you have for us about your new publication?
I’m excited to share the news that my first book, Tails of Sweetbrier is now available in the revised second edition. This is my inspirational autobiography that was originally released in 2009. It was chosen “Most Inspirational” book by the staff of the Pawling Book Cove. Now we’ve added more information, including a question and answer section, which I think both children and teachers will enjoy. Tails of Sweetbrier has a beautiful new cover as well. It’s a true story that will show that anything is possible if you persevere.

2.  This is the second time you’ve been on my blog. What has transpired in your career since the last time you were here?
  My sister and I are still discussing our illustrations for my book,    Charlene the Star and Bentley Bulldog.  At the present time, we’re not sure when it will be ready, but we’ll announce the news as soon as it’s published. I’ve also been working on another story starring my husband’s little sports car, Margaret. You’re probably smiling thinking about the fact we name all of our cars, but we want them to be devoted to us so we give them names. That way, they’re officially part of the family. Margaret is named after our British friend who used to work with my husband.
I have also been honored by being chosen for several blogging award nominations recently.

3.  What do you want to accomplish with your children’s books?
My goal is to help children to reach their full potential, by writing entertaining books, which convey valuable lessons. My parents were careful to teach many things to me that I would like to share with children. It’s essential that each child realizes he/she is valuable and unique. I hope that my books will help reinforce that.

4.  Please share a synopsis of your newest books with us.
Charlie the Horse has also been recently revised and has a beautiful new cover, created by my sister, Holly Humphrys-Bajaj. Charlie comes from a family of famous racehorses, but he’s not sure he has the talent to succeed. He also has problems focusing on his work. But he learns that hard work reaps rewards. The story is amusing and told from Charlie’s point of view.
 Charlene the Star and Hattie’s Heroes is my most recent book. Charlene the Star has become well-known for her particular talent, but she and her friends, Hattie, Wooliam, and Elliott, are looking for something exciting to do in their spare time. They have a brilliant idea that they should start a business to help other horses. Their efforts make a huge difference to their clients. The story is funny, entertaining, and it highlights the value of friendship and teamwork, for example. Hattie, Wooliam, and Elliott are incredibly creative in finding solutions to their problems. Readers also are able to read about all the animals’ funny thoughts and actions.

5.  How do you spend your free time when you have some?
I love watching all kinds of equestrian events, such as jumping or horseracing. I’m also a big fan of baseball, figure skating and gymnastics. I love spending time with my husband, Francis, our sons, Brendan and Shane, and of course, our dog, Elliott. In addition to those things, I love music.

6.  Do you want to share anything else with us that we don’t already know?
Some of you may not know that I lived in FL for many years and our children were born there. I really prefer the hot weather there to New England weather. But my husband is the exact opposite. He used to say that we must have been crazy to live in FL in the Summers!
 I’m the middle child in my family. Once when I was talking to my mom on the phone, she wasn’t sure which daughter was calling. I told her “I’m the one that fills in the space in the middle.”
I started crying before I got on the bus for my first day in Kindergarten. When my mom asked what was wrong, I told her that I thought the bus driver would drive around forever and not bring me home!

7.  Please tell us where to go to purchase your books.
My books are available on Amazon.com. If anyone would like autographed copies, you may email me at: deanie@dhdunne.tk and we can make arrangements. My books will soon be available from my website; www.dhdunne.blogspot.com, but I’m not sure exactly when that will happen.

8.  Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Hopefully, I’ll have written several other children’s books by then and will have succeeded in being a positive influence on many children.  
Janice, I thoroughly enjoyed our time together today. I certainly treasure our friendship and admire your talents. 
Thank you Deanie for your kind comments; it has been my pleasure.  We do have a wonderful time together, I agree.
Thank you also to my regular readers and to any new readers out there, welcome!  I hope you enjoyed this interview with my talented friend and author, Deanie H. Dunne.  Please stop by her website and award winning blog to check out her inspirational, humorous and educational books for children.  You parents will like them too!  I know because I have read all of Deanie’s books and thoroughly enjoyed them.  I found myself laughing out loud at the antics of some of the characters.  They are very endearing and will capture your children’s hearts.
Please stop by again soon for another fascinating interview with an author.
* I hope that all of you stop by Janice's site: jemsbooks.wordpress.com. She has posted more illustrations from my books, and she has many wonderful author interviews posted there.

No comments:

Post a Comment