Imagine that your lifelong dream has been to become an author. But you have no confidence that you will succeed. Worse yet, you're afraid to try. What should you do?"
- Take the leap of faith: If you're passionate about becoming an author believe that you can do it. Take a deep breath and remember if you don't try, you'll have a guaranteed, one hundred percent chance that you'll fail. Once you start, it will not be as daunting as you thought it would.
- Take baby steps if you must: Even if you write a little bit a day, your confidence will begin to build. Eventually, you'll be looking forward to your writing sessions.
- Writing is like everything else: When you started practicing printing or cursive writing in school, it looked like a foreign language! Nobody could read it without having helpful hints. But you practiced and practiced. Before long, everyone could read your creations and you were so proud and happy that you persevered.
- Surround yourself with positive people: Seek the counsel of encouraging people. They'll lift your spirits when you need them boosted. Let them give you advice and consider their words carefully. They don't have to agree with everything you do, but they should support and encourage your efforts. One thing you don't need is negative people who always have dismal views.
- Remember perseverance is the key to success: You may be closer to your objective than you imagine and you don't want to wonder what would have happened if you didn't quit.