The first Wednesday of the month we share what we're insecure about, or we offer encouragement to other authors. I'm not feeling unsure about anything new, so I'm going to offer some philosophies that might be helpful when you're overwhelmed.
I discovered a few words that a well known entrepreneur thought you'd need in order to succeed.
- Passion: Be sure you have passion for writing. You should love what you're doing and that will be reflected in your work
- Work: You must be willing to work hard in order to achieve success, no matter what career you choose.
- Good: Try to be good at whatever you choose to do.
- Practice: The way you manage to become good at your craft is to practice, practice, practice.
- Focus: Focus on your goals so you can realize them.
- Serve: It's important to serve others and be a positive role model for them.
- ideas: Lots of wonderful things start with an idea.
- persistence: Personally, I think this one should get some extra emphasis. If you're determined to work through the tough times, better days will be ahead. The only way you fail is to quit. You never know what can happen until you try and you could astound yourself.
Thanks for visiting. Wishing you all many blessings.
These are perfect!ReplyDelete
They're all needed but I suppose I agree that persistence, in the end, is what we most need to make the rest work out. :)
Thank you so much, Katherine. I'll email you with the news from here and a little surprise.ReplyDelete
Thank you for visiting.
What wonderful advice. Focus has been a key word for me this year. Glad to hear you are not suffering new anxieties this month, I am actually feeling much the same, Deanie.ReplyDelete
Thank you, Suzanne, it is refreshing that we don't have new worries this month. I always seem to be trying to deal with the old ones! Thanks for stopping by. Wishing you many blessings, as always.ReplyDelete
These are wonderful words and advice. They are so true.ReplyDelete
Thank you, Murees, I hope you're doing well. Be sure to let me know if there's anything I can help with. Thanks for visiting.ReplyDelete
This is a great list but the ones that stick out to me are passion and practice. A must! Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
You're welcome, Quanie. So nice to hear from you. Happy weekend and thanks for visiting.ReplyDelete
I agree about persistence. I think that's the key to being successful at anything.ReplyDelete
Can I talk you into taking off the verification thing?
Thanks for visiting, If you'd like to email me, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope the comments were helpful to you.
"The only way you fail is to quit" I need to hear that right now. (And everyday, technically.) Thanks, Deanie!!ReplyDelete
Everyone feels like quitting sometimes, Beverly. But you should only do that if you think it would make you happy. I don't think it would. Another way to look at it is not to quit when you're having a bad day because nobody wants to when things are going well. ) Hope this helps.ReplyDelete