Thursday, April 14, 2016

Featured interview with Aurora Jean Alexander!



Please introduce yourself.
My name is Deanie Humphrys-Dunne and I’m a children’s book author.

When did you start writing?
My first book was published in 2009.  I ve always been interested in writing, but never was brave enough to try publishing anything until then.

What motivates you to write 
I love encouraging children to reach for their goals and dreams, even if those dreams seem to be unattainable. You never know what can be done until you try. Very often, we surprise ourselves if we persevere.
What genre do you write in and what made you chose this particular genre?
I chose to write for children because I love them and I want them to know they’re all special and unique.  I would like to be a good role model for them and a testament that you can achieve more than you think.
 What is your goal in writing? Do you have dreams where your writing should take you?
I would like to continue to inspire children that all things are possible, if you never give up on your dreams and goals. One long term goal I have is to have a movie made from my book, Tails of Sweetbrier. It’s an inspiring true story that would make a memorable movie, in my opinion.
Do you ever suffer from writer’s block and if yes, how do you deal with it?
Yes, I do. Usually, I take a little break to relax. Eventually, the ideas come back to me. I think when this happens you should do something that you enjoy to relax you. I love listening to music, for example.

What advice would you like to give new, hopeful authors?
I would say never give up on your dream of becoming an author. Once you’ve found your passion, pursue it. Spend time reading other authors’ work. Read your work. Take a course if you can, or find a critique group to help improve your stories. I can’t say your journey will be an easy one, but when you succeed, it will be well worth the effort. Anything you do requires effort, failures and successes. The failures are the stepping stones to success.
Please, tell us about your work. 
My first book is called Tails of Sweetbrier. It’s an award-winning autobiography about a little girl who is handicapped and dreams of becoming a champion equestrian.  It will show readers anything is possible if you persevere.  My other stories are: Charlie the Horse, Charlene the Star, Charlene the Star and Hattie’s Heroes, and Charlene the Star and Bentley Bulldog.  Those four tales are told by the animal characters themselves. All of my books are beautifully illustrated by my sister, Holly Humphrys-Bajaj, who also designs the covers. Each book conveys positive, character-building messages for children. We have been honored to win several awards including: The silver medal in the Feathered Quill Book Awards, Finalist in the CLIPPA, Honorable mention in the Purple Dragon Book Awards, and a winner in the “50 Great Authors You Should Be Reading Contest.” I’ve been featured in several author interviews, including a TV interview on WTNH.com/CTStyle.
Thank you for being my guest. It was such a pleasure to have you here!!
Thank you very much for inviting me. It was a pleasure to be here.

 Reblogged from:
https://aurorajalexander.wordpress.com/2016/04/14/author-spotlight-deanie-humphrys-dunne/comment-page-1/#comment-1991


No comments:

Post a Comment