Monday, January 29, 2018

Guest interview with Sherry Ellis!



Hi Everyone,
Here is part of my guest interview with Sherry Ellis. Please visit her blog, Mama Diaries, to read the rest.

Special Guest: Author, Deanie Humphrys-Dunne



 Hi, Deanie!  So glad you could join us!

All of your books offer inspiration and life lessons. Your latest book, My Life at Sweetbriar, is about overcoming obstacles and persevering. Could you share some tips for how to remain positive in the face of adversity? How to keep going when things seem stacked against you?
First of all, thank you so much for interviewing me today, Sherry.  I love spending time with you.
When I get discouraged, things seem to be a bigger challenge than they actually are so I would say your problem could be the size of an anthill but when you’re thinking about it, the image you get is Pike’s Peak. Basically, try examining the issue from all sides. For example, when I was learning to jump horses, I’d often fall off two or three times a day. Some days it felt like I’d never stay on.  How could the problem be solved? I figured if I worked harder than other people, eventually I’d prevail. The other alternative was to quit and that wasn’t an option because then I’d surely fail and not reach my goal. 

Sherry's blog link:
https://sherryellis.blogspot.com/2018/01/special-guest-author-deanie-humphrys.html

Deanie's website: www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment