What can you do? Here are some suggestions:
- Take a break and do something you love: It could be going for a jog, or shopping for a new outfit. You might love gardening. Whatever it is, find something to refresh you before you go back to your writing project.
- Tackle your manuscript a little at a time: Thinking of overhauling your complete story is a huge project so edit one section at a time and focus on only that. You'll encourage yourself to continue because you know you've done the right things to make this section spectacular.
- Correct one problem at a time: Let's imagine that you need to develop your conflict more in a certain section of your story. Remedy that issue first. Then continue to the next problem, once you're satisfied that you've introduced more struggle for your character.
- Make a schedule for your writing project: Write down that you will devote a specific amount of time each day to your writing project. If you write things down, they become more real to you. Maybe you'd like to spend thirty minutes a day. Whatever amount of time you can spend, be sure to write it down. You're much more likely to succeed if you do this.
- Be sure to admire your work: Once you've done all of these things, remind yourself that you've accomplished a great deal. It may be more than you ever imagined. Now you're on the way to creating the story of your dreams. Congratulations!
those are great suggestions to get a writer motivated! i love a good schedule and concentrating on one thing at a time.ReplyDelete
i see you got lots of awards recently. congrats!
i do have a request tho. i had trouble finding your blog. google plus profile doesnt list it...
HI Tara, thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I appreciate it. I'm sorry you had trouble finding my blog and will try to check into that. Thanks for telling me. Best wishes.Delete
Enjoyed reading this. Very informative and I think I needed it. Thanks!ReplyDelete
So glad the little hints were helpful Anne! Have a nice day and thanks for leaving a comment.Delete
Good post! It's easy to get overwhelmed when there's a lot on our plates!ReplyDelete
Thank you, Sherry. It's so easy to feel overwhelmed these days. I don't know how you can manage being a mom, a music teacher, and moving! Talk about overwhelming, yikes!ReplyDelete