- Take one thing at a time- If you can concentrate on one thing at a time, you'll feel less frazzled. When you accomplish that one important thing, remind yourself you did a great job.
- Take a break: Give yourself a break from time to time. You may need a cup of tea, or a short nap to refresh yourself.
- Make a list: List the things you want to accomplish each day. This way, you can focus on what's most important.
- Be grateful for your talents- If you are an author, or an aspiring writer, be thankful that you have been given the gift of expressing your thoughts well. You'll be a more cheerful person if you remember your blessings, (that goes for other ones too) instead of dwelling on what you don't have.
- Remember to reward yourself for a job well done: Be sure to remind yourself of all you've done. You'd be surprised at what you've done each day. This will build your confidence. Don't forget to give yourself a reward. Do something you love. It may be a shopping trip, a night out to dinner, time with your friends, etc. Do whatever you can to lift your spirits. You deserve it!
Sunday, August 4, 2013
Feeling Stressed? Try This!
As authors, we are so busy. Our families must take priority and we have house cleaning, bookkeeping, children's activities, and endless other tasks. It's no wonder that we feel stressed and overwhelmed from time to time. How to we fix it? How can we ever find time to write? Here are my suggestions: