- Take one thing at a time- If you can concentrate on one thing at a time, you'll feel less frazzled. When you accomplish that one important thing, remind yourself you did a great job.
- Take a break: Give yourself a break from time to time. You may need a cup of tea, or a short nap to refresh yourself.
- Make a list: List the things you want to accomplish each day. This way, you can focus on what's most important.
- Be grateful for your talents- If you are an author, or an aspiring writer, be thankful that you have been given the gift of expressing your thoughts well. You'll be a more cheerful person if you remember your blessings, (that goes for other ones too) instead of dwelling on what you don't have.
- Remember to reward yourself for a job well done: Be sure to remind yourself of all you've done. You'd be surprised at what you've done each day. This will build your confidence. Don't forget to give yourself a reward. Do something you love. It may be a shopping trip, a night out to dinner, time with your friends, etc. Do whatever you can to lift your spirits. You deserve it!
Deanie Humphrys-Dunne is a children's author. We'll talk about my books, recent events and writing hints.
Sunday, August 4, 2013
Feeling Stressed? Try This!
As authors, we are so busy. Our families must take priority and we have house cleaning, bookkeeping, children's activities, and endless other tasks. It's no wonder that we feel stressed and overwhelmed from time to time. How to we fix it? How can we ever find time to write? Here are my suggestions:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
These are wonderful suggestions! I have to tell myself to be happy with the talents that I have everyday, as I always think that what I have is not good enough. Thank you for sharing these great suggestions.ReplyDelete
I think you're too modest, Murees. But I also think it's much better to be that way than conceited. You will succeed and you'll surprise yourself at how well you will do. I have every confidence in you.ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
Some good advice. We all need a reminder to stop beating ourselves up all the time about lack of success/words written or whatever. Think I'll pop and put the kettle on right now!ReplyDelete
Thanks, Suzanne, I hope the advice is helpful to everyone. It's true we all need to step back and take a deep breath now and then so we can proceed toward our goals.ReplyDelete