Monday, January 20, 2014

Interview with Elliott and Wooliam

"Good morning, Elliott and Wooliam, it's so nice to have you for an interview today. You are important to the story, Charlene the Star and Hattie's Heroes.
"Thank you so much, Deanie. We are quite excited to be joining you today. "We're almost as happy as when we found out we were going to be in the book! Besides, we heard that Hattie and Charlene already had an interview with you. We never dreamed that our turn was next," said Wooliam.
"Well, let's begin our interview."

  • Wooliam, what did you do before you were featured in Charlene the Star and Hattie's Heroes?
"That's an interesting question, Deanie. Actually, I lived on a farm near the one that Charlene the Star lived. I was well-cared for, but I didn't have a job or anything. I wanted to have my own business and I did that in the story. My friends Hattie, Elliott, Charlene, Lily and Lucky all helped out. We had a great opening day, but I can't give away too many secrets about what happened. Having my own business was a dream come true for me.

  • Wooliam, did you have a job in the story, Charlene the Star and Hattie's Heroes?
I did, my job was to help a nervous, shy, little  racehorse named Tiger Lily to improve her skills and not be so afraid of everything. We became good friends and I was able to help her quite a bit. I loved helping her do well, even though she had to learn a lot about herself as well.

  • Wooliam, this will be your last question before we speak with Elliott. Did you surprise yourself,as far as your talents?
Actually, I did. I never thought I'd be good at coaching. It just proves you never know what you can do until you try. I thought I would have always been just a cute fuzzy sheep, but I'm more than that now.

  • Elliott, thank  you for being so patient.  Did you have a job in the story?
"Yes, I did. My job was to help build confidence in our clients. I'll bet you already guessed that was my job because I have an over-sized head. I think people just look at me and think, Elliott must be brimming with confidence. I
suppose some people could have looked at my big head and thought it would have been a full time job to carry it around! But I do love helping others.
 Building self-esteem is really my specialty and I'm so excited about that.

  • Elliott, what do you think kids will remember about Charlene the Star and Hattie's Heroes? 
I think they'll realize that it's a great thing to become a good team and help others. We were bored before we started our business and now we've reached our goals. We discovered that we are a good team. We all have different talents, but when we work together, we even surprised ourselves with  what we could accomplish."

"Thank you so much for this informative interview, Elliott and Wooliam.
"It was our pleasure, Deanie. We look forward to coming back when our next book is published."
*illustrations by Holly Humphrys-Bajaj

*Need some inspiration? Stop by my new website: www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com and read about some amazing kids!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute interview. So nice to meet Elliot and Wooliam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susanne, my sister did such a great job capturing their personalities. Elliott is our real family dog. He loves being in the stories.

    ReplyDelete