Thursday, March 20, 2014

This week we're celebrating....


Every Friday we find things to cheer about and blog about them. Be sure to visit www.VikLit.blogspot.com to check out what other people are celebrating.

  • St. Patrick's Day! We had a fun celebration with corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, carrots and Irish bread. That's our traditional Irish dinner. I should confess I didn't cook most of it. We bought it ready made, but I did make the Irish bread.
  • My good friend, Janice Spina, has a new book out called Lamby the Lonely Lamb. It's an adorable story with an important lesson. Those of you with small children would really enjoy it, I think. It's available on Amazon.com. You can find out more about it on Jemsbooks.wordpress.com.
  • My sister and brother-in-law are back safely from their trip. They had fun and really enjoyed the warmer weather there.
Looking for inspiring stories? check out www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com. I blog about some amazing young people there.
You can find some great children's books at www.mazorbooks.com, jemsbooks.wordpress.com,  and dcRushbooks.com.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun on St Patrick's Day, that meal sounds lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Laura. It was fun. My sister-in-law gave us a great recipe for Irish bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have corned beef and cabbage every St. Patrick's Day. How I miss that tradition, which sort of slipped away over the years.

    MJ, A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Writing Tips
    Effectively Human
    Lots of Crochet Stitches


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should start the tradition up again, M. J. especially since you miss it! Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your St. Paddy's Day meal...oh Irish bread! I love it :)

    Great celebrations, Deanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your friend on her new release. Your St. Patrick's Day meal sounds delicious. Any green beer with that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Nana, I'm sure Janice will appreciate your kind words. No green beer with our Irish celebration. We're not big fans of beer, although my husband and our sons do enjoy it now and then.
    Thank you for stopping by. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete