Friday, January 9, 2015

Charlene the Star and Bentley Bulldog- New Release- blog by Lily Eva Blake

Charlene the Star and Bentley the Bulldog Book Release – Deanie Humphrys-Dunne

Hey to all my blogger friends! Hope the week has been a good one for everyone. Most of you that know me, know that I don’t normally post book releases for children’s books nor do I review them. I remember saying a while back that I was going to ‘expand my horizons’ and read all kinds of genre. Just because I don’t have grandchildren yet, I do have young nieces and nephews.
There’s something else, too. When I started blogging early in 2013, I ‘met’ Deanie Humphrys-Dunne through my blog. Anyone that’s been with me through the beginning knows that I’ve had my ups and downs personally and medically. Deanie always took time to check on me, to see how I was doing.
Deanie herself overcame physical challenges at a very young age. I can’t help but applaud her for that. It was the basis of her first book of a series called Tails of Sweetbrier. Charlene the Star and Bentley the Bulldog was just released on December 29, 2014 and is part of the Tails of Sweetbrier series. At the end of this post, Deanie’s bio will list the other books she’s written. I’d also recommend you visit Deanie’s website and find out a little about her yourself. Her story and mission is inspiring.
BentleyCoverFrom the book:

Charlene the Star makes new friends in this exciting adventure. She wants to win a special award for jumpers. She must learn important things if she wants to reach her goal. Does she succeed? How does Hattie react when she sees the headline in The Gazette? Why is Cherish so afraid? Your child will be fascinated with the amusing adventures of Charlene and her friends. Children will be entertained and learn important life lessons.

Here’s an excerpt:
“I’m Bentley. It’s silly to see a chicken wearing a bonnet!” Bentley said, laughing loudly. “Chickens can’t do anything. Have you ever heard of anyone talking about a chicken’s outstanding skills? No! Nobody even mentions them unless they’re on the dinner menu.”
“Excuse me, but chickens, with or without bonnets, deserve respect,” Hattie answered. “You have no reason to laugh at me. Yes, I do have abilities! For example, I’m a good organizer with neat beakmanship. (It’s like handwriting.) My beakmanship helped us win the ‘Coaches of the Year Award.’
Deanie Humphrys-Dunne is a children’s book author with five books published at this time: Award-winning autobiography, Tails of Sweetbrier, Charlie the Horse, Charlene the Star, Charlene the Star and Hattie’s Heroes and Charlene the Star and Bentley Bulldog. All of her books offer positive messages for children. Her sister, Holly Humphrys-Bajaj, beautifully illustrates her books. Deanie has been featured on several author websites and been interviewed on Theauthorshow.com.
I’ll be reviewing this one soon, so stay tuned! Until next post, have a great day.
*Reblogged from Lily Eva Blake's blog:
Thank you so much Lily Eva Blake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment