Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My insecurites and more...

Hi everyone, it's time to post our insecurities again, as we do the first Wednesday of each month.
Thank you to Alex J. Cavanaugh for starting this group. I hope you all stop by AlexJCavanaugh. blogspot.com to see what everyone else has to say.
Here's what I'm a little frazzled about:

  • New things I'm learning to do on the computer. As you may know, anything new takes some practice and adjustment for me.
Some of you may have been challenged by motivating yourself to keep writing. Here's my advice on that topic.

  • What if you've lost the drive to write? I think you should take a little break. Don't blame yourself. Just do things that you love. Relax and put writing out of your mind for the moment.
  • Give yourself permission to do other things. Otherwise, you'll be feeling guilty.
  • While you're on a "writing vacation" you might get ideas for a new story. Write them down. It might inspire you to write about something new and different.
  • Whatever you do, have fun. When you're writing, it should feel like fun. See if you can re-ignite the spark you need.
  • Best wishes in all of your endeavors. Thanks for stopping by.
Website: www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com

Interview links:
http://www.bbmglobalnetwork.com/blessed-hope/

http://www.wnbnetworkwest.com/WnbAuthorsShow-DHumphrys.html

copyright 2015 Deanie Humphrys-Dunne

6 comments:

  1. "What if you've lost the drive to write?"

    Timely advice for me. Thank you for it.

    God, Entertainment, & Annoying Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the comments were helpful to you. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - good ideas. Thanks, Deanie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you liked it Dixie. Hope the suggestions are helpful to you.

      Delete
  4. <<
    •While you're on a "writing vacation" you might get ideas for a new story. Write them down. It might inspire you to write about something new and different.>>

    Hoo boy! You said it! I took a vacation from my WIP. Cleared my mind, read other things... and now have a head-full of notes and some things on Pinterest about a sort of sequel that takes place 36 years later than my WIP. Good stuff, too...

    But I have 3 stories to finish before I do that one.

    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But now you have a nice collection of good ideas! You didn't have them before. Just think of the possibilities. :)

      Delete