Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Today I'm insecure about.....

Since it's the first Wednesday of the month, we all lament about our insecurities. Be sure to stop by AlexCavanaugh.blogspot.com to read everyone's thoughts on their insecurities this month. Here's my scary stuff for this month:

  • I have a couple of new experiences coming up. New things always unravel me a little. But I'm doing my best to face the silly fears like meeting new people or trying new things.
  • Still editing my book, but making some slow progress with it, thanks to the ladies in the writer's group to which I belong.
  • One of my new experiences was entering my first essay contest at TheAuthorsShow.com. Finalists will be announced next week. Iv'e listed the link as one of the labels, should you want to check it out.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope all your insecurities are easy to conquer.

Copyright Deanie Humphrys-Dunne 2015
Website: www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com

10 comments:

  1. Trying new things and new situations can be scary but think how wonderful you will feel afterwards. Good luck with the editing, I am at the same stage myself.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzanne.Always happy to hear your thoughts. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New things always unravel me too, but we do come out stronger from the other side ;)

    Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Katherine. I'll let you know what happens with the contest. In case you want to vote, here's the link:
    http://www.wnbnetworkwest.com/WnbAuthorsShow50Writers2015-preVote.html No high pressure though. I hate asking for votes, but I"m told it's part of marketing, yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meeting unfamiliar people tends to be nerve-wracking. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, M. R. R. I"m always shy about those things, but I think I make them more scary than I should. Thanks for visiting and have a nice day.

      Delete
  6. I hope you conquer your fears. You always do and then your fears seems so trivial. Wishing you the best, Deanie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too, Murees. I think in my the little challenges are bigger in my head than anywhere else! D Thank you for the good wishes. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking on new challenges is always a little scary. But the rewards make it all worthwhile. Good luck with the essay contest! I voted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and your vote, Lori. I appreciate both very much. Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete