Friday, October 13, 2017

Part 3 of the interview with Professor Melissa-Sue John and her daughters






"Do you think you'd like to be an author when you grow up?
Alyssa: I want to be an author. My mom thinks I am very artistic, so who knows? 
I'm so pleased to hear you're using your talents, Alyssa and Olivia. I helped my dad in our business too.
Melissa-Sue, do you have any projects you're working on right now?
Right now, I am helping other children authors get their books published. But I have a list of STEAM topics I want to complete in the future. 
It's exciting you're helping other children who are authors to develop their talents. It's great to boost their self-esteem as well.
What's your favorite part about being an author?
I like sharing my knowledge and doing research for new topics. I enjoy the challenge of making it accessible for children to understand. I realize my strengths are that I am a teacher and I am passionate about inclusive learning (culture, ability, gender). I am working on being more creative and hoping to write fiction stories.
Researching is fun because we learn new things and we are inspired to share them. I know your new books will be spectacular.
Would you like to offer advice to new authors or aspiring authors?
      authors?
I believe that many of us never finish our stories because we lack the confidence, not the talent. My advice to aspiring authors is that they are the only one standing in their way and they have all the talent to write the stories on their hearts. Any place they lack or fall short, there are more than sufficient resources (e.g., editors, illustrators, public relation officers, accountants, lawyers) to help in the areas they lack. For current authors, my advice is to write every day. Anything that you do consistently, you become better at every time. The last book you write will be better than the first. But there will never be a first, if you never finish it. So, finish the manuscript!
That's wonderful advice, Melissa-Sue. I remember being petrified to write my first book, but we need to take that important first step and build on it.
Is There anything else you'd like to ad?
We are all talented. We may have different talents, but we all possess talent. Stop doubting yourself and share with the world your God given talent. Do not hide you light. The world could use some good.
 To learn more about my light, please visit www.laurensimonepubs.com and follow us on Instagram and Facebook (@laurensimonepubs.
 Amazon Links:
Days of the week: https://www.amazon.com/Dowe-Twins-More-Learn-Book-ebook/dp/B071VTZJ85/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501617398&sr=1-1&keywords=dowe+twins+days+of+the+week

Guide to becoming an actor: https://www.amazon.com/Olivia-Laurens-Guide-becoming-actor-ebook/dp/B06XNSWV5T/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501617366&sr=1-1&keywords=olivia+becoming+an+actor 
Occupations A to Z: https://www.amazon.com/Olivia-Laurens-Occupations-Childrens-Careers/dp/0997952024/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&keywords=occupations%20a%20to&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&qid=1493385491&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1


Olivia travels: https://www.amazon.com/Olivia-Laurens-Travels-Guide-Transportation/dp/0997952008/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&dpID=51Qr9u8izHL&dpPl=1&keywords=olivia%20lauren%20olivia%20travels&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&qid=1493385024&ref=plSrch&ref_=mp_s_a_1_1&sr=8-1

Siblings fight: https://www.amazon.com/Dowe-Twins-Siblings-Fight-Hermanos/dp/0997952040/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493389273&sr=8-1&keywords=siblings+fight


 "Thank you so much for spending time with me again today, Melissa-Sue and Alyssa. I loved getting to know you and your beautiful, gifted daughters. It's wonderful they share your talents and help you create amazing children's books.
"We enjoyed our time with you as well, Deanie. Thank you so much for inviting us to discuss our books."
Deanie's website: www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment