Thursday, July 12, 2018

An interview with Hattie the chicken

Today we're going to interview one of the characters from Charlene the Star and Hattie's Heroes, a children's book told by the animal characters.

"Good morning Hattie, please tell us some of your favorite things to do.
"Hello, I'm hopping around flapping my wings because I'm excited about talking to you today.
I love wearing pretty bonnets, like the polka dot one I'm wearing on the cover of Charlene the Star and Hattie's Heroes. But another thing I enjoy is helping my animal friends do good things. For example, in the story, Wooliam the sheep raises money for charity with his lemonade stand and other things he does. All of my friends were thrilled to organize our fair to help raise money. In fact, I love organizing parties and special events.
How wonderful Hattie. You and your friends are a great team.
Tell us about your friend, Elliott.
 I love Elliott. He's a handsome dog with big brown spots and an over sized head. He loves giving his animal friends confidence to try new things. He shows a lot of wisdom because he doesn't get upset when unexpected things happen. Instead, he takes action to help solve problems. Elliott and I worked together to solve a big problem we had regarding writing a schedule for our clients' training. We'll show you the picture at the bottom of this interview.
Thank you so much for sharing the picture, Hattie. who drew the beautiful picture and the cover for your book?
Holly Humphrys-Bajaj drew the cover and all of the illustrations in the book. Aren't they fantastic?
Holly is so talented. We love how her drawings show our personalities. It's a busy day for me today, so I need to get to work, but thank you for interviewing me today.
It's been my pleasure, Hattie. Thank you so much for answering the questions."

Hattie and Elliott wring the schedule
illustration and cover by Holly Humphrys-Bajaj


copyright, 2018: Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
website: www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment