Rules of the Liebster Blog Award:
- Tell 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.
Eleven Random things about me:
- When I took voice lessons I practiced while cleaning saddles and bridles on our farm. It kept my spirits up.
- Almost every Winter that we lived on the farm, our family would go to FL for vacation in our motor home that we named the Jolly Green Giant.
- We name all of our cars so they'll feel like part of the family. We have Sapphire Saturn, Margaret the MG, and Carl the Subaru. Carl was named for the USS Carl Vinson, the Aircraft Carrier our son was on. Our first minivan was Vincent Van Go.
- I hate cold weather. I'd love to spend the whole Winter in FL. We used to live there, but my husband hates the heat. FL isn't the place to be in the Summer if you hate heat!
- My first pony was named Little Man and he would get totally bored and fall asleep when I was riding!
- I hate tomato juice and tomato soup, no matter how you disguise it.
- When I was little, I thought it would be fun to be a ballerina or a circus rider. I'm glad those were short-lived dreams. They weren't very practical.
- My first dog was named Cleo and we were inseparable.
- I weighed three pounds when I was born, but I had a great set of lungs and cried louder than the other kids.
- My dad liked to tease me if I won first prize in a horse show. He'd ask me if that was the best I could do.
- I hated to start any jumping competition if I couldn't find my dad. I'd have people looking everywhere for him.
- Does your name have a back story? What is it? Yes, I was born 2 months early so my mom didn't have a name yet. She named me after my dad. Deanie is my nickname, but since I don't like my real name, I think we'll keep you guessing on this one.
- Is there anything you collect? If so what?- No, I'm not a collector. When I was little, I had a scrapbook of famous racehorse, but haven't collected any else.
- What's the one thing you wish you could brag about? I'm not a big fan of bragging. I'd rather be humble. But I'd love to be able to say I'm the author of a wildly popular children's book someday.
- What would be your dream vacation spot? Ireland would be fun cause my husband is Irish, but it would need to be the Summer time, since you know how I feel about Winter.
- Who is your biggest supporter? I have a bunch of them: my sister, Holly, her husband, my husband, our sons. They're always cheering me on.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? If I have to call our internet company because the computer is acting up, the automated person can't understand my little girl's voice. I end up yelling at it and then it says, "We're on the way to resolving the problem!" Huh?
- What books have most influenced your life? I like Chicken Soup for the Soul Books, but also lesser known children's books involving horses.
- So you believe in Extra Terrestrials? I think I'm leaning toward a no on this one.
- If you were stranded on a dessert island and could only have one thing, what would it be? Chocolate would win, hands down.
- What is your most controversial belief? Some people think it's a bad idea to have big dreams, but I love them. As you may know, I think anything is possible if you persevere. You'll be surprised what can happen if you never give up.
- What music album are you still listening to now that you listened to years ago? I like music by Henry Mancini and also the Sound of Music.
My Nominees are:
- Laura Clipson-Mybafflingbrain.blogspot.co.uk
- Penelope Anne Cole-peneloeannecole.blogspot.com
- L. Diane Wolfe-cirleoffriends.blogspot.com
- JoAnne Murphey-jomurphey.blogspot.com
- Kelley Lynn-getbetweenthebookends.blogspot.com
- Peggy Eddlelmann-Peggyeddlemann.blogspot.com
- Mark Means-leftandwrite.blogspot.com
- Alex Villasante-magpiewrites.blogspot.com
- Bertha Mukodzani-bmukodzani.blogspot.com
- Emily R. King-getbusywriting.blogspot.com
It's wonderful that you were that small of a baby, but so healthy. My preemie boys both had lung problems. And they say boys are better than girls. Ha! :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for the nomination!
You're welcome, Emily. I hope your little boys are doing well now. Please give them my love and best wishes to you.Delete
Thank you for following me, Emily.Delete
Wow, I'm honored but only have three followers with under 200 followers. :(ReplyDelete
Okay, I'll have to substitute someone then. But you can be my honorary choice. Thanks for commenting and stopping by.Delete
Wow! Three pounds and lungs like that? So impressive!ReplyDelete
And thank you so much for passing the award along to me! I'm honored.
Thank you for following me, Peggy. I forgot to mention that.Delete
You're welcome, Peggy. I'm blessed to have good lungs. They're a big help when you're a singer, too. Best wishes with your new book and future projects, as well.ReplyDelete
Good to know more about you. You also can't make me have tomato soup or drink tomato juice even if you paid me :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for the award Deanie. I appreciate it!
HI Anne, You're welcome. Glad to know we match on the tomato soup issue. Funny that tomatoes themselves are fine, but not if you make them into juice or soup! Best wishes.Delete
Thank you! And I am a big believer in big dreams.ReplyDelete
Glad to hear that, Diane! I don't think we'd get anywhere without the big dreams. They give us direction.Delete
Thanks for the nomination! I really appreciate it :)ReplyDelete
You're welcome, Laura. Don't forget to tell me when you start riding again. That will be so exciting for you.ReplyDelete
My daughter is my biggest supporter.ReplyDelete
I too do not like to brag much. I'm a bit of an extrovert as well. I will say this though- it feels good to be able to say I'm an author among other things.
Thank you so much Deanie for nominating me. I feel honoured. It's people like you that give me the strength I need to keep pushing for my dreams and ambitions.
I'm happy to have nominated you, Bertha! It's so special that your daughter is your biggest supporter. Children are so precious, it's incredible the bond we have with them. You must always follow your dreams, Bertha. That way, you'll accomplish more than you ever imagined. Please keep in touch and give my regards to your daughter as well.ReplyDelete
Gosh I can't believe I missed this post!ReplyDelete
The Chicken Soup for The Sould books are really great, oh and Ireland is on my list to visit some day too ;)