Friday, June 21, 2013

Time to Celebrate...

It's Friday again so we welcome our time to celebrate! Here are my selections for the week:
  •  My friend, Janice Spina, celebrated her fourteenth Anniversary this week! Happy Anniversary, Janice and may you enjoy many, many more! Janice  also copyedited my new story, Charlene the Star and Bentley Bulldog. She found so many little mistakes that I missed. Great job, Janice!
  • The demise of the pest brigadeWe recently learned that we had a collection of pests, including, carpenter ants, carpenter bees, and wasps. Have you ever heard of carpenter bees? I hadn't, but these fellows are hefty little critters. I expect they can wear hard hats and tool belts! They like to make big holes in wood that's not pressure treated so they were partying on the wood supporting our canopy over the back steps. When we told our son about these uninvited guests, he said, "Too bad, they ought to do something useful, like remodel my kitchen. D
  • This week I enjoyed spending time interviewing children's author, Deb Hockenberry. We discussed her adorable book, Beepy's Christmas Wish. She's exceptionally generous because she's offering Beepy's story free. If you're interested, you may contact  her at: www.debhockenberry.com.
  • I began writing a story about my husband's little sportscar, Margaret today. Hopefully, she'll have lots of exciting adventures. We will see. 
  • Father's Day was fun. Our boys and their dad went to a demolition derby and loved it! D

15 comments:

  1. Sound like you had a wonderful week. Good luck ridding yourself of those pesky critters. Thanks for the chuckle about them remodeling your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Cathrina! I love to make people smile,even if I have to recruit the little pests to help out. Haven't seen them wandering around with their tool belts and hard hats, so that's a good sign. D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great things to celebrate, I'm glad you had a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura, thank you so much for stopping by. How are you? How are your pets? I hope all of you are doing well. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great celebrations Deanie!
    Yay for Margaret for getting her own little story ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katherine, I hope Margaret's story turns out to be fun to read. I always worry about those little details.D

      Delete
  7. Ooh, your hubby's little sportscar: can't wait to see where you go with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, S. A. I hope it will be good, and fun to read. Time will tell. D

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you had a good week with lots of positive things to celebrate. Hope the weekend continues with lots more fun for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne. Wishing you a lovely weekend and lots to celebrate as well.

      Delete
  9. I've never heard of carpenter bees but just reading about them gave me a chill. I so hate insects of all kinds! Glad you got rid of your pests.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had never heard of them either, Julie, but at least they don't sting people. The good thing is now they're gone. Hooray! Happy weekend to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A story about the sportscar! Sounds fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, VikLit! I hope it will be a cute story. D

    ReplyDelete