Sunday, June 28, 2015

Inspirational quotes..





Thank you to my gifted author friend, Janice Spina for tagging me for this blog post where we write about inspirational quotes.  Janice is a fantastic person and I'm so honored to be among her many friends. If you haven't visited her blog, you should stop by. She always has interesting things to share so go visit: jemsbooks.blogspot.com when you can.

Here are the rules:


1. Thank the person who tagged you.
2. List three quotes and inspire readers over three days or all at once.
3. Tag three or more people.
Here are the quotes I chose:

Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
If you're anything like me, new experiences can be petrifying. I think St. Francis of Assisi had a great idea here. If you start small by doing what needs to be done, you'll see what's possible and before long you'll be amazed what you've accomplished! I remember thinking it would be next to impossible to write a book that would interest anyone who didn't live under the same roof :) But once I started creating Tails of Sweetbrier, it wasn't so hard. Now we've won awards with it. If you don't take that first scary step, you miss so much.


Keep Your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.
 by Theodore Roosevelt
I think one of the secrets to success is to have high expectations. To set goals which challenge you, but to always remain humble. As my Mom always said, "Be grateful for what you have." I try to remember to be thankful for whatever gifts God has bestowed on me and thankful that I use them when possible. People with huge egos and know-it-all attitudes don't appeal to me at all.


It's common today to hear famous people blaming others for their failures. If we are to grow and become the best people we can be, we need to take responsibility for our own actions. We can change so many things in our lives once we take responsibility for what we do. 

I'm tagging these people:

  • Kathleen Andrews Davis
  • Eva Solar
  • Murees Dupe`
  • Deb Hockenberry
I totally understand if any of you are too busy to participate, but I hope that you do.
Website: www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com


Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/theodore_roosevelt.html#8yjxBxhRKXl4S594.99
*quotes and pictures from internet
Copyright Deanie Humphrys-Dunne 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment