Here's what we're celebrating this week:
- I finished a little project for my husband. He compared some British car terms with American ones. For example, did you know the English say something is "past it" when it's worn out. Or "crackin' " is the same as awesome?
- My little picture book in progress is doing well. We have exciting plans for it.
- My sister and brother in-law are home safely.
- A new book promotion by Ravyne Hawke for my book, Tails of Sweetbrier. If you'd like to check it out, here's the link:
com/2016/08/10/book-promotion- tails-of-sweetbrier-by-deanie- humphrys-dunne/
- The Olympics: We're really enjoying the gymnastics and swimming especially. I missed the equestrian coverage, so disappointed about that.
What are you celebrating this week?
Copyright 2016: Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
video by Chris Graham:
video by Rhonda Patton
Video book review by Chester McDaniel:
Good for you! So many great reasons to celebrate, Deanie.ReplyDelete
Thank you Murees. Hope you have a great weekend.ReplyDelete
Glad your picture book is progressing well! Lovely book promotion post over at Lori Carlson's. The book has such a great message. I enjoy watching the gymnastics, swimming/diving, and equestrian events, too. Usually you can find video of missed events online. Enjoy your weekend!ReplyDelete
Thank you Lori, I"ll see if I can find the videos of the Olympic stuff I missed. I love all the same events you do.ReplyDelete
Hope you have a great weekend too and thanks for the compliments on my books.
I'm glad to hear your family's home safe, and that your husband's finding interesting things to keep him busy. Congrats on the new promotion for Tails of Sweetbrier, and good luck with the new picture book!ReplyDelete
Thanks Lexa. My husband loves cars and is amused by some of the terms the learned.Hope you're having a great weekend.Delete
Glad to hear the picture book is progressing. It's funny and interesting to learn how language evolves around the world isn't it? Crackin post!ReplyDelete
Thanks Susanne. So happy to hear from you. Some of the terms are so funny. We liked learning about them.Delete