These are the typical Liebster rules:
1. Answer 11 questions about yourself ( you may skip this step and move to question #2 if you like)
2. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
3. Choose up to 11 new up-and-coming blogs (with less than 200 followers) to nominate
4. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
5. Thank the person who nominated you.
I've had the extraordinary honor of being nominated for my third Liebster Award. Thank you Brandy (Brandy's Bustlings) for believing me worthy of such an award. I appreciate it very much.
Eleven things about myself:
- I'm a former teacher of equitation. Some people say I was very patient. If that's true, it's probably because it took me forever to learn how to ride, so I sympathized with beginners, in particular.
- My dad was conservative with his money. I used to say that if he had to pay for all the lessons he gave me, I wouldn't have gotten too far.D
- I studied Medical Coding and Switchboard, but didn't get a job doing either of them.
- My first car was a red Plymouth station wagon. Now I never buy red cars because they seem to attract accidents.
- During a hurricane, the chimney fell into the top floor of our house. (No one was hurt, Thank God)
- The Courvoisier Whiskey company used to raffle off an Arabian horse every year. We boarded one of them at our farm.
- My sisters both were winning in horse shows at ages 3 and 5.
- My dad was renowned as a watchmaker and jeweler. He started his own business at about 10 years old. He was also an accomplished horseman.
- My husband's passion is cars. We think our cars are members of the family so we name them.
- I used to work as a customer service rep.
- My absolute favorite dessert is cheesecake.We used to live about a half an hour away from 2 different restaurants that specialized in cheesecake. We went there for little celebrations whenever we could. The next day, I'd swear I could see where the cheesecake settled in!
1. What is your favorite outdoor summer activity? Swimming
2. What is your favorite thing to BBQ?-Chicken
3. Do you enjoy camping? If yes, do you tent or do you have a camper? I used to like camping in our family's motor home, but I don't think I'd like camping in a tent.
4. Do you use a push lawn mower or a ride-on tractor?-riding mower because our property is hilly.
5. What is your favorite fresh summer vegetable?-corn
6. What is your favorite cold drink? iced tea
7. What level spf sunscreen do you use most often? 15
8. What water sports (if any) do you enjoy?-I tried water skiing, but really couldn't stand up on the skis.
9. What is your favorite ice cream treat?-Good Humor toasted almond bars
10. Finish this line: Sunshine, happiness, and music with my family.
11. What is your favorite thing about summer?- I love warm weather. It's usually sunny and cheerful.
And the Nominees are:
- Janice Spina-.jemsbooks.wordpress.com
- Carla Burke-.Carla-burke.blogspot.com
- Deb Hockenberry-www.kidztales.com
- Murees Dupe`-Dailydramaofanaspiringwriter.blogspot.com
- Cathrina Constantine-Cathrinaconstantine.blogspot.com
- Sarah Chafin-simplysarahsblog.blogspot.com
- Candilynn Fite-cfitewrite.blogspot.com
- Carolyn Brown-CMBrown-books.blogspot.com
- Elizabeth Rose-Elizabethrosemysteries.com
Wow! That was super fast! You are a rock star! Great answers to my questions; I want one of those Toasted Almond Bars and maybe some cheesecake now too!ReplyDelete
Oh, wish I could buy you the toasted almond bar and the cheesecake! The two restaurants we used to visit were in North Miami and it was worth the trip! They even had different flavors, like chocolate and marble cheesecake!ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by, Brandy. I always love hearing from you.
That had to be scary to have your chimney fall into your house! I'm glad nobody was hurt!ReplyDelete
It was. I think it was a miracle that no one was hurt. My parents had just remodeled the house and had to redo everything after that. I'd like to email you a picture of our house. It used to be my favorite place.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for the award! You most definitely made my day! Unfortunately, I have already received this award in the past. However, I will be more than willing to answer your questions on my blog. You are just wonderful.ReplyDelete
I can testify that red cars seem to attract accidents, as my brother has a red car and has been in numerous accidents and I like cheesecake too.
It's okay, Murees, because I've received it before as well. You can do whatever you're comfortable with. So glad to have lifted your spirits. I think whenever you are recognized for your talent, it boots your confidence.ReplyDelete
I hope your brother is very careful with his car. All of the red cars we've owned have been involved in accidents, so we avoid them at all costs now.
My Godmother used to make amazing cheeesecake. It took 5 hours to make. ti could really give the cheesecake restaurants some serious competition.
Have a great weekend.
I loved learning more about you Deanie through your answers to those questions. Interesting life!ReplyDelete
Do I answer the questions about summer?
Thanks for the nomination!
Yes, Carla, I think you can either answer my questions, or you can make new ones if you choose to. Glad that you liked learning a little more about me and my family. Always glad to hear from you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.ReplyDelete
I'm honored you picked me, Deanie, for the Liebster award. Thank you!ReplyDelete
I used to love riding. I took lessons, and right before my first competition the horse for some reason bolted or was scared of the coming jump and the horse actually fell over with me atop. I broke my clavicle in my shoulder. My instructor tossed me right back up on that horse and said I must ride right away so I'm not scared to get up again.
What a shame that you had that kind of terrible experience, Cathrina! It ruined everything for you and you used to love to ride.It's really a fun thing to do, but you have to use some wisdom and good judgement when you're teaching.ReplyDelete
You're very welcome for the award. It was my pleasure to choose you.
Thanks so much for choosing me for this award, Deanie, I am truly grateful.ReplyDelete
Horses are also one of my favourite animals. I was brought up in the racing game, my relatives are jockeys, trainers and bookmakers.
You're welcome, Carolyn! It's so exciting that your family is in racing! I love racing. When I was little I made a scrapbook of my favorite racehorses. Now we even have a channel on TV that has only racing and equestrian stuff. It's great. My husband loves cars and he signed up for that channel because the thought it was Hot Rod TV! DReplyDelete
Congrats on receiving the award again, Deanie!ReplyDelete
Warm weather is the best in my opinion too :)
Thanks, Katherine! Being chosen for another award was such a nice surprise and Summer is the most fun, I agree. D Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I love to hear from you.ReplyDelete
Hi! And thank you so much for passing on the award!! I wouldn't feel fair since it's for bloggers w/ under 200 followers. But love answering the questions! Here we go:ReplyDelete
1. What is your favorite outdoor summer activity? Writing indoors
2. What is your favorite thing to BBQ?-Veggies
3. Do you enjoy camping? If yes, do you tent or do you have a camper? I'm not a big camper. Actually, not at all. O_O There's something icky about waking up and feeling sticky. There always seems to be "sand" in my sleeping bag, too.
4. Do you use a push lawn mower or a ride-on tractor?-I love this one. I don't mow. I'm allergic to six grasses!
5. What is your favorite fresh summer vegetable?-I like your answer. Corn on the cob, buttered on the grill!
6. What is your favorite cold drink? Water w/ cucumber slices and lime.
7. What level spf sunscreen do you use most often? 15 when I used it.
8. What water sports (if any) do you enjoy?-I break easily, so no more water sports for me.
9. What is your favorite ice cream treat?-Blue Bell Buttered Pecan.
10. Finish this line: Sunshine, happiness, and music: in the company of family & friends.
11. What is your favorite thing about summer?- Kids are off from school. Day trips. :D
Thank you for stopping by, Candilynne! I"m sorry, I didn't notice that you have too many followers for the Liebster Award, but thank you so much for answering the questions! Hope you're having a nice day today with your family.ReplyDelete