Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Insecure Writer's Support Group

Hi everyone,
Here we are at the first Wednesday of the month. That means it's time to encourage other writers and stop by AlexJCavanaugh.blogspot.com to see what everyone has to say.
This month's question is: How has being a writer changed your experience as a reader? 
 I pay attention to the details of stories and articles now. I ask myself if the opening was engaging. Are the characters well-developed? Did the author put enough twists in the plot? Does the ending fit the story? 
Naturally, I'm always learning more about writing and trying to improve so I read as many books as possible (mostly children's books, because that's what I write). It's important to learn to accept constructive criticism of your work. I always hope the person doing the critiquing points out the strong areas, as well as the ones which need improvement.

copyright 2017; Deanie Humphrys-Dunne

website: www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com
Free chapters of my books:
https://payhip.com/deaniehd

2 comments: