Monday, February 19, 2018

Interview With Storyteller/Filmmaker, Tim Benson -part 3


"Hi everyone, Today we're welcoming filmmaker/ storyteller, Tim Benson for part three of his interview.

What project are you currently working on?
re you currently working on? 
We are currently in production of my inaugural short animated film, Cupcakes. Cupcakes was inspired by my volunteer work with the Ronald McDonald Charities and tells a story of Mia Gonzalez, a 5 y/o dynamo superstar who opens a cupcake & lemonade stand to benefit her sister who has leukemia. 

The making of Cupcakes has been quite an adventure and I’m still amazed by how much work/time it takes to produce 6-7 mins of 3D animation. It’s been an incredible learning opportunity for me with quite a steep learning curve as the technical rigor and complexities of animation are just mind-bending. I’ve been so fortunate to work with some brilliantly talented animators/artists who amaze me every day. It’s almost surreal for me as a writer to finally see my characters coming to life on the screen. So amazing. 
I'm sure you're keeping up with the learning curve, Tim. it sounds like you and your team are enjoying your work a great deal. No doubt, Cupcakes will be a huge success. I love stories that promote good values.

When will Cupcakes be completed?
The film will be completed later this year and will be released in early 2019. We will submit to film festivals around the globe and will hold the film premier and gala with all proceeds benefiting Ronald McDonald House Charities. We can’t wait to share this story with the world. 
Best wishes with it, Tim. Please give us updates when Cupcakes is released.

How can we learn more about your film?
You can visit the Story Giant Films website under the Cupcakes page to learn more. 

There you can read the film script and get the latest film production updates. As a side note....we are currently in development of the official Cupcakes website, which we will launch this spring. 
That sounds very exciting, Tim. We'll all want to keep up with your progress with Cupcakes.

Thank you for spending time with me again today, Tim. As always, it's been an honor.
My pleasure, Deanie. I'm looking forward to our next visit."
Copyright 2018; Deanie Humphrys-Dunne

No comments:

Post a Comment