Thursday, February 9, 2017

An interview with Charlene the Star


"Hi everyone, today we're excited to interview the beautiful red horse, Charlene the Star. "Good morning, Charlene. Thank you so much for stopping by to chat today."
"You're welcome, Deanie. I'm so excited to be here."
"I know everyone is excited your new book is out now so we'll get right to the questions, Charlene."
"Oh, I can't wait," said, Charlene, stomping her hoof.

Charlene, can you tell us something about your story?
I'd love to, Deanie. The story starts when I'm a baby. My mom told me about racing. She said everyone in my family loves racing and she'd love to coach me in it when I grew up. Of course, I wanted to know what racehorses do, so I asked about that. She told me they love to run fast. The thing is, I wasn't so sure I'd like it, the way my friends Blossom and Ann did. But Mama said I had to try it anyway, yuck. I stomped my foot to let her know I didn't like that idea.It turned out I had to go to Sweetbrier Racing Stable to learn about racing.
Your mom seems like a wise horse, Charlene. She knew you had to try racing or you wouldn't know if you liked it or not.
What happened when you tried racing?
Yikes, I tried it, but it didn't seem like fun at all. I would've made a horrible racehorse, I think. It was a little tricky trying to show my trainers I was bored with racing.

How did you show the trainers racing wasn't fun?
I gave them lots of hints. I yawned. But in case that didn't help, I had a tantrum in the middle of the racetrack. Finally, they figured it out.
You were clever to plan different ways to show them, Charlene.
What happened next?
 I can't tell you everything about the story, Deanie. That would spoil the surprise for my readers. But I did discover I have a special talent. I really love what I do.
I"m glad to hear that, Charlene. It's important to love your job. I love writing for children, too. I understand why you don't want to tell everyone what you like to do. I thought you might let it slip out, but you're too smart for that. :)
Did you ask your friend, Elliott, to come for the interview? I was hoping he'd stop by.
I did, Deanie, but he was doing an interview with someone else today. He said he's sorry to have missed our chat. But he asked me to remind you to share our cover so our fans will know what I look like. He loved being one of the heroes in the story. He and I love the new cover, by the way.
Would you like to add anything else, Charlene?

Yes, anyone who would like to find out more about my book can go to this link:

https://www.createspace.com/6871205
or this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1542622042/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486655558&sr=8-1&keywords=9781542622042
 My book will be on Kindle very soon. I'd love to hear from my fans about how they enjoy my story.
Thank you so much for spending time with me today, Charlene. We had a great time together.
Baby Charlene and her mama


copyright 2017: Deanie Humphrys-Dunne
Website: www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com




No comments:

Post a Comment