Monday, May 29, 2023

An interview with Wilbur the Tractor



 "Have you met Wilbur? He's a cute, friendly tractor whose stories help children learn about lasting friendships and coping with changes in their lives. Wilbur loves making new friends and today he's stopping by for an interview with me." 

"Wilbur, welcome to my blog."

"Thank you Deanie. I'm so excited to be spending time with you today." 

" I can see how happy you are Wilbur, because your bouncing on all four tires."

"Yes, that's one of my favorite things to do when I'm happy."

  "Wilbur, tell our readers how you gave me the idea for your story."

   "When I came to your house, you thought I was so cute that I'd be the perfect character for another children's book so you talked to your sister, Holly Humphrys-Bajaj, about illustrating the book for you."

 "Thats right, Wilbur. Tell our readers more about your first book."

"Jim McNab is my best friend. He bought me a few  years ago and he takes good care of me. I have my own tool box with my name on it and even a green blanket that says 'Wilbur' on it. And Jim always washed my tires if they were muddy. And he had an Irish accent. He'd come into my barn every morning and say, 'Top o' the mornin' to you, Wilbur. ' But one day Jim didn't smile and say 'Top o'the mornin' to you, Wilbur.' He looked sad. Then he told me he'd have to sell me because I was getting o-l-d-e-r, Wilbur whispered. Big tears splashed from my headlights, thinking about being without my best friend. But Jim reminded me I might make new friends in my new home. He knew I love animals and he told me I might make new animal friends.'

"Jim is wise. I bet that helped you feel much better, Wilbur."

"Yes, it did. And Jim said he'd come to visit me in my new home. My book, A Tractor Named Wilbur" shows children that friendships can last a long time."

"That's a good thing for children to learn, Wilbur."

Tell us about your second bookWilbur's New Home.

    "In Wilbur's New Home, Jim puts me up for sale. People come to see me and Jim tells me it will be fun, but most of the visitors are grumpy and unkind. I would've hated being with them. But in the end, I  found the perfect family. And at the end  there's a special surprise for me."

"That sounds like the perfect story for someone who is moving or changing schools."

 Yes, it is. And I love making friends. Readers will meet some of my favorite friends in my books. One is Hattie the chicken. Guess what? She loves wearing pretty bonnets. And she specializes in planning parties. She's terrific at that. My readers love her.

Now you know more about my stories. Here are links where you can purchase them or find out more about them.

www.childrensbookswithlifelessons.com/ 

https://bookmarketingglobalnetwork.com/book-marketing-global-network/deanie-humphrys-dunnes-books/





No comments:

Post a Comment